Interested in Construction Technology?
Our Construction Technologies Program provides students with hands on training in basic carpentry as it applies to residential construction. Students will be trained by experiencing hands on instruction in; carpentry safety, hand and power tool usage, measurement, plan reading, codes, blueprint reading, materials, and layout. They will master core carpentry skills in; safety, framing, foundations, basic concrete, roofing, window and door framing, blueprint reading, flooring, along with interior and exterior finishing. Students will also be introduced to the newest emerging technology of 3D house printing using a concrete 3D printer that can print a house in 72 hours.
Upon the completion of the program students will have the opportunity of receive a Basic Carpentry Certification and a Basic Residential Trades Certification that can lead to immediate employment locally or nationally.
Construction Technology Program Information
Yavapai College CTEC
220 Ruger Rd.
Prescott, AZ 86301
LENGTH OF PROGRAM:
GRADE LEVEL REQUIREMENT:
Sophomore – Senior
Monday – Thursday Courses
1:15 – 3:55am
Up to 5 High School credits for both years and up to 22 Yavapai College credits for both years.
National Certifications include:
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Core
- NCCER Level 1
- OSHA 10
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Enables students to make career decisions consistent with their aptitudes, interests, abilities, and academic achievement.
- Provides a program of instruction that prepares students for post-secondary education and/or for employment
- Industry skills development experience and certification to take straight to workforce.
Construction Technology Career Opportunities
- Electrician – Entry Level
- Plumber – Entry Level
- Construction Carpenter – Rough and Finish – Entry Level
- Solar Installers
Ready to enroll?
Follow these instructions:
- 1Fill out the form below.
- 2Check your email and print out the PDF form attached in the email we sent you.
If you don’t receive an email confirmation please contact us.
- 3Have your parent sign the form, then please bring the form to your school counselor and they will take it from there.
Interested in Learning More?
For More Information about the Program or How to Apply