Get a line on a satisfying career
A line worker constructs and maintains electric power transmission and distribution facilities. The term is also used for those who install and maintain telephone, telegraph, cable TV and more recently, fiber optic lines. Power linemen work on electrically energized (live) and de-energized (dead) power lines.
Electrical Line Worker Program Information
Yavapai College Agribusiness and Science Technology Center
2275 Old Home Manor Dr
Chino Valley, AZ 86323
LENGTH OF PROGRAM:
GRADE LEVEL REQUIREMENT:
Junior – Senior
- Currently enrolled in or have taken Algebra 2
- 3.0 GPA in Math and Science Courses
- Monday -Thursday 1:15 to 3:45
- Tuesday: 8:00 to 9:15/ 9:30 to 12:30
- Wednesday: 9:30 to 12:30
- Thursday: 8:00 to 9:15/ 9:30 to 12:30
Up to 5 High School credits over two years
Up to 30 Yavapai College credits over two years
OSHA 10, NCCER ACT Work Keys, CEWD-Center for Energy Workforce Development Energy Industry Fundamentals Certification
- Enables students to make career decisions consistent with their aptitudes, interests, abilities, and academic achievement.
- Provides a program of instruction that prepares students for post-secondary education and/or for employment..
- Industry skills development experience and certification take straight to workforce.
Line Worker Career Opportunities
Power Plant Operator
Ready to enroll?
Follow these instructions:
- 1Fill out the form below.
- 2Check your email and print out the PDF form attached in the email we sent you.
If you don’t receive an email confirmation please contact us.
- 3Have your parent sign the form, then please bring the form to your school counselor and they will take it from there.
Interested in Learning More?
For More Information about the Program or How to Apply