Engineering is about solutions
Do you enjoy taking things apart and figuring out how they work? Does the idea of creating new ways of doing things intrigue you? Engineering may be your field. This CTE education program trains and certifies students in Computer Numerical Controls (CNC) and robotic programming and repair. Students operate CNC six-axis lathes and program FANUC industrial robots in laboratory sessions. Students will also be introduced to microprocessors, microcontrollers, and the theory and design of logic circuits.
“I’m reminded that the basics are really essential in learning so I can move on to the harder stuff.”
-Christopher B., Prescott High School
Pre-Engineering Program Information
Yavapai College CTEC
220 Ruger Rd.
Prescott, AZ 86301
LENGTH OF PROGRAM:
GRADE LEVEL REQUIREMENT:
Junior – Senior
- Algebra II or concurrent enrollment
- During year two of program, student needs to be concurrently enrolled or have taken Math 187 – Pre Calculus at Yavapai College (or course equivalent)
Monday – Thursday: 1:15 – 3:45pm plus 1 hour online
Up to 5 High School credit over two years, Up to 24 Yavapai College in two years
**Yavapai College credits lead directly to Associates of Applied Science degree in Pre-Engineering
- HAAS Certification, including:
- CNC Operator Class
- CNC Tool Setter
- ISCET (International Society of Certified Electrical Technicians) which includes: Digital Circuitry (optional; cost is $75)
- FANUC Repair
- Enables students to make career decisions consistent with their aptitudes, interests, abilities, and academic achievement.
- Provides a program of instruction that prepares students for post-secondary education and/or for employment.
- Transferable credits to College or University.
- Industry skills development experience and certification to take straight to workforce.
Engineering Career Opportunities
- Civil Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
- Agricultural Engineer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
Salaries will range based on hiring entity, location, and years of experience.
Ready to enroll?
Follow these instructions:
- 1Fill out the form below.
- 2Check your email and print out the PDF form attached in the email we sent you.
If you don’t receive an email confirmation please contact us.
- 3Have your parent sign the form, then please bring the form to your school counselor and they will take it from there.
Interested in Learning More?
For More Information about the Program or How to Apply