AVIATION – YC Course Outcomes
LOCATION: Yavapai College CTEC
220 Ruger Rd.
Prescott, AZ 86301
LENGTH OF PROGRAM: 2 years
GRADE LEVEL REQUIREMENT: Junior – Senior
- Passing Compass Scores
- Reading – 70
- Writing – 33
- Pre-Algebra – 35
- Algebra – 26
- 3.0 GPA for Math and Science Courses
**Application will not be considered if prerequisites are not met
MIJTED to Provide
- MIJTED Aviation Polo Shirt
3 Program Offerings
Monday – Thursday Courses I 1:45 – 4:15pm plue 1 hour a week online (Priority to 4 and 5 day schools)
- Friday Only Courses I 8:00 – 1:00pm plus 5 hours a week online (Priority to 4 day schools)
CREDITS: Up to 5 High School credits over two years, up to 16 Yavapai College credits over two years
**Yavapai College credits lead directly to an Associate of Applied Science in Professional Pilot for either airplanes or helicopters
**Friday Courses do not earn as many credits
Up to 2 FAA Certifications
- Basic Ground Instructor
- Fundamentals of Instruction
- Enables students to make career decisions consistent with their aptitudes, interests, abilities, and academic achievement.
- Provides a program of instruction that prepares students for postsecondary education and/or for employment.
- Transferable credits to College or University.
- Industry skills development experience and certification take straight to workforce.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: (snapshot)
|Career (Salary Range)||JTED Program||JTED Industry Certification||Associates/License||Bachelors||Masters/Doctorate|
|Airline Pilot (57-140)||X||X||X|
|Commerical Pilot (36-124)||X||X||X|
|Air Traffic Controller (61-169)||X||X||X|
*X indicates level of education required to qualify for career, salary range will vary based on hiring entity, location, and years of experience.
For More Information about the Program or How to Apply, Contact:
MIJTED District Office