Turn up the heat with this in-demand career
Prepare to enter one of the more-in-demand trade school careers through expert instruction and hands-on experience. Learn arc- and oxy-fuel welding and cutting, fundamental principles of joining ferrous and non-ferrous metals, welding and cutting processes, polarities, heats and electrodes for use in joining various alloys.
“I love this class because I’m getting hands-on experience and free college credits.”
-Tyler W., Prescott High School
Welding Program Information
Yavapai College CTEC
220 Ruger Rd.
Prescott, AZ 86301
Chino Valley High School
LENGTH OF PROGRAM:
GRADE LEVEL REQUIREMENT:
Sophomore – Senior
These are materials required, but provided by MICTED
- Welding Jacket
- Welding Helmet
- Welding Tool Kit
- MIG Pliers
- Chipping Hammer
- Leather Gloves
- Shade 5 Safety Glasses
- Clear Safety Glasses
- Wire Brush
*Any materials lost or not returned are the responsibility of the student.
Up to 5 High School credits for both years and up to 28 Yavapai College credits for both years.
** Friday Courses do not earn as many credits.
- Monday – Thursday Courses
1:15 – 3:45pm plus 1 hour oniine
- Friday Courses
8am – 1:00pm plus 5 hours online
American Welding Society (AWS) which includes 2G, 3G, & 4G levels:
- ARC Welding
- MIG Welding
- Gas Cutting
- OXY Welding
Info: American Welding Society
- Enables students to make career decisions consistent with their aptitudes, interests, abilities, and academic achievement.
- Provides a program of instruction that prepares students for post-secondary education and/or for employment.
- Industry skills development experience and certification to take straight to workforce.
Welding Career Opportunities
- Welder-entry level
- Pipeline Tech
Salaries will range based on hiring entity, location, and years of experience.
*All trade school careers credits are awarded at the end of each year. If a student leaves a program early he or she may not be awarded credit.
Ready to enroll?
Follow these instructions:
- 1Fill out the form below.
- 2Check your email and print out the PDF form attached in the email we sent you.
If you don’t receive an email confirmation please contact us.
- 3Have your parent sign the form, then please bring the form to your school counselor and they will take it from there.
Interested in Learning More?
For More Information about the Program or How to Apply